It’s the bicentennial year of independence in Argentina – a special year for celebration – and Australia will be the guest country at the 25th Mar del Plata Film Festival in Argentina from 13-21 November 2010.
Situated on the Atlantic coast, five hours drive south of Buenos Aires at Mar del Plata, the festival has attendance figures of around 125,000 and is a significant event on the South American cultural calendar.
The NFSA will supply the prints of all the Australian films screening, which comprise a stunning retrospective of Australian classic cinema:
- Breaker Morant (Bruce Beresford, 1978)
- The Cars that Ate Paris (Peter Weir, 1973)
- Caddie (Donald Crombie, 1974)
- The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith (Fred Schepsi, 1978)
- Crocodile Dundee (Peter Faiman, 1986)
- Money Movers (Bruce Beresford, 1978)
- My Brilliant Career (Gillian Armstrong, 1979)
- Proof (Jocelyn Moorhouse, 1991)
- Wake in Fright (Ted Kotcheff, 1971)