A triangular patch (on a positive) or punched hole (in a sound negative). Is used to avoid the noise of a splice in an optical sound track (Happe 1983).

Blooping Ink

Used to opaque the section of a positive film splice in a sound track. Reduces the noise created as the splice passes over the projector sound head.


Happe, L. B., 1983, Your Film and the Lab, 2nd Edition, Media Manuals, Focal Press, London, Boston