- The NFSA celebrates Kylie Minogue with a new online-only exhibition featuring four decades of performances, interviews and more.
- Titled ❤ Kylie: A Celebration, it looks at Kylie’s incredibly diverse career, from singing and acting, to activism and her role as an LGBTIQ+ supporter.
The National Film and Sound Archive of Australia (NFSA) is turning into a Disco to celebrate Kylie Minogue’s countless achievements with a new online-only exhibition, ❤ Kylie: A Celebration.
Now available at nfsa.gov.au/kylie, this online experience features rare content sourced from the NFSA’s vast audiovisual collection, spanning four decades of Kylie performances, interviews and more. ❤ Kylie: A Celebration is published three weeks ahead of Kylie’s 15th studio album, titled Disco.
❤ Kylie: A Celebration tells the story of Kylie’s career, including interviews, film and TV appearances, news stories, rare tracks, concert footage and photographs.
- Concert footage and rare tracks.
- Television appearances including Neighbours, as well as her earliest roles in The Sullivans, Skyways (in which she also starred alongside Jason Donovan) and Zoo Family.
- News stories spanning her illustrious career, including her costume exhibitions, an award for breast cancer awareness, wax figures at Madame Tussauds, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.
- Awards ceremonies including the BRIT Awards, ARIAs and Logies.
- Movie roles including Moulin Rouge!, The Delinquents and Holy Motors.
- Her interviews with Molly Meldrum and on Parkinson.
- Special guest appearances including The Comedy Company with Kylie Mole, Kath and Kim, her song with The Wiggles, Doctor Who and the ‘special delivery’ Coca-Cola ad.
This is the second time that the NFSA has acknowledged Kylie as one of Australia’s cultural treasures. In 2011 we inducted her debut international single, I Should Be So Lucky, into the Sounds of Australia registry of the recordings that have helped shaped our nation’s identity. At the time Kylie expressed her excitement on Twitter: “What an honour for myself, Stock, Aitken and Waterman!”
NFSA Digital Content Producers Beth Taylor and Mel Bondfield are available for interviews. Please contact Publicity Officer Katharine Nicholson at katharine.nicholson [at] nfsa.gov.au, (02) 6248 2248 or 0429 223 927.
ABOUT THE NFSA’S ONLINE-ONLY EXHIBITIONS
The NFSA’s series of online exhibitions, or collection stories, focus on Australian film, sound, TV and other icons, showcasing the breadth and depth of our collection.
❤ Kylie: A Celebration is the NFSA’s 14th online-only exhibition. We have previously celebrated music icons such as Jimmy Barnes and Archie Roach, films like Picnic at Hanging Rock, Strictly Ballroom and Muriel’s Wedding, and even the Sydney Harbour Bridge.