A short film segment with intertitles highlighting the benefits of the newly rebuilt North Sydney Orpheum Theatre.
Notable features include a lounge, cloakroom and – more unusually – hat clips on the back of every seat and the placement of carbolic blocks to destroy 'vermin and germs within the precincts of [the] chair'.
The Orpheum opened in 1913 before it was renovated in 1923 and again in 1927. It was demolished in 1962 to make way for the Warringah Expressway.
This footage also appears in a compilation in the Roger McKenzie Collection, Theatre and Cinema Building History in Australia (NFSA ID 393899).