Empire Theatre, Goulburn, NSW
A crowd outside Goulburn's Empire Theatre with a hoarding advertising The World in Motion and posters visible for Les Miserables. The Empire Theatre began operating in 1914 but was extended and renovated as an 'atmospheric' theatre in 1930, in the style of Sydney's Capitol Theatre, Melbourne’s State Theatre and Perth’s Ambassador Theatre.
Greater Union bought the theatre and renamed it the Odeon in 1948. It closed in 1967 and was later demolished to make way for the Phillip Court Motel and then the Goulburn Plaza shopping centre.